POCKETEARTH

Routeing issues

Home All Topics Bugs Routeing issues

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kritou
    • Topics: 27
    • Replies: 96

I use PE primarily as a SatNav on my motorcycle and in the car but have issues with inconsistent routeing results from the Mapquest engine. Although the OSM road data is up to date in PE it appears that Mapquest is not using all the recent and available GPS track recordings from OSM in it’s algorithms

These are are not just on minor roads but on major highways and other infrastructures here in the UK and to some extent in Spain

If others are experiencing the same I will post a couple of examples

Kritou

After a little more digging https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/MapQuest it would appear that PE and it’s current routing engine may have come up against a brick wall “MapQuest ceased offering an OpenStreetMap service (Open MapQuest) in 2015” What might that mean for PE going forward?

jsgblom
    • Topics: 88
    • Replies: 250

I have an example where the routing goes ‘terribly’ wrong. See attached screenshots.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Kritou

A couple of interesting cycle apps there Johan – do you know which routeing engine they use?

Here is an example I encounter regularly. Although there are plenty of GPS track traces in available in OSM, Mapquest has very few. This suggests to me that the OSM/Mapquest “divorce” is the issue

The A49 road has been around since Emperor Hadrian came to the UK (!) bus you can see PE routes southbound on this bypass but the northbound route, even with the addition of Control Points, does not recognise it

I regularly submit tracklogs for this route but they never show up in the Mapquest displayed tracks on their website

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Kritou

Am not sure why multiple images are appearing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.