searching for businesses , like in google maps

Home All Topics Feature Requests searching for businesses , like in google maps

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    peterw
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 0

Ok first off this is a great app and deserves all the praise it gets. Apologies if this has been addressed before in a previous discussion, but i couldnt find anything.

I am currently planning a trip throughout the german wine regions. So far I have managed to create pins for all the producers that we plan to visit, and it is just great being able to see all the pins at once on the map together. this makes planning our route during the day as well as where to stay at the end of the day much easier.
    But my workflow to get all this information into PE has involved using google maps to search for the producer by name , hope that google maps picks up their name and then automatically places the pin for me within google maps. once this has happened I open the gmap location i-button which then gives me the ability to create a contact. Usually i can then”tag”the contact by entering for eg “wine”as the first name in the contact field. Then i have the ability once in PE to search within contacts under W , where all my contacts””tagged”as wine are all to be found together. I can then pull this up as a pin in PE from the search>contacts in PE. Once the pin is there I edit the pin as required.
    My question is this. Is there a more direct way to add pins to PE other than this? I understand that PE is using open map data and google is using its own map data. I also understand that Google havent made their map api available, and I suspect that this may be the trouble. Or I may have missed something and will be delighted if this is so!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.