After some serious walking in the last few weeks using PE I have put together the following suggestions:
- folder storage for waypoints, routes and tracks. In the same manner that Groups are stored in folders. To help find these when several hundred (thousand) are stored. In the back of my mind I wonder if this can be done now using Groups.
- Distance measurement. Add compass bearing and possibly lon/lat coordinates of each end of the measurement line.
- Search. Use of quotes (“) in search function to narrow search. I.e. “London” finds pins etc for London but not Londonderry.
- Show direction arrows on tracks at variable (user definable intervals). This would be helpful to know which way a track was taken when a track crosses back over itself.
- Ability to store images with Waypoints and Tracks. even if only low res, say 640×640 pixel (or better user definable in settings).
- In Track GPS info. Under section headed Recordings. Instead of giving each recording the default name of “Unlabelled Recording” I suggest a much more helpful and user friendly method would be to give each recording an automatic label of Leg1 yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm, Leg2 yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm etc.
- ability to draw a track freehand. This would enable being able to plan a walk etc which is something I am involved with now in a bush walking group.
- When you do a search within groups, allow a selected group to be shown ticked. At the moment this only works if you scroll to a group and tick it.