POCKETEARTH

Several suggestions

Home All Topics Feature Requests Several suggestions

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ozgeo
    • Topics: 15
    • Replies: 52

After some serious walking in the last few weeks using PE I have put together the following suggestions:

• folder storage for waypoints, routes and tracks. In the same manner that Groups are stored in folders. To help find these when several hundred (thousand) are stored. In the back of my mind I wonder if this can be done now using Groups.
    • Distance measurement. Add compass bearing and possibly lon/lat coordinates of each end of the measurement line.
    • Search. Use of quotes (“) in search function to narrow search. I.e. “London” finds pins etc for London but not Londonderry.
    • Show direction arrows on tracks at variable (user definable intervals). This would be helpful to know which way a track was taken when a track crosses back over itself.
    • Ability to store images with Waypoints and Tracks. even if only low res, say 640×640 pixel (or better user definable in settings).
    • In Track GPS info. Under section headed Recordings. Instead of giving each recording the default name of “Unlabelled Recording” I suggest a much more helpful and user friendly method would be to give each recording an automatic label of Leg1 yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm, Leg2 yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm etc.
    • ability to draw a track freehand. This would enable being able to plan a walk etc which is something I am involved with now in a bush walking group.
    • When you do a search within groups, allow a selected group to be shown ticked. At the moment this only works if you scroll to a group and tick it.
    Ozgeo
    • Topics: 15
    • Replies: 52

Hello, anyone home?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.