POCKETEARTH

Speed / direction / altitude labels: improve readability

Home All Topics Feature Requests Speed / direction / altitude labels: improve readability

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jsgblom
    • Topics: 88
    • Replies: 250

The speed / direction / altitude labels shown at the bottom of the screen (when tracking or routing) are very hard to read when cycling with the iPhone in bright day light.

Could this be improved by making them a bit bigger (optional would be good). The scale measure displayed at the very bottom of the screen could be used (is a waste of space anyway in my opinion)

Also the decimals for speed could be (optionally) left out, as well as the unit “km/h” (or a smaller font or small icon).

My feature request slogan:

“The best overall navigation-app. Enthusiastic to help making it even better (for me at least)!”

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

Thanks for the feedback! We’ll probably go the way of making the units much smaller and in a different color, so that the main numbers can be much larger and distinguished from them.

Ozgeo
    • Topics: 15
    • Replies: 52

Please don’t get rid of the scale. It is a reference to the detail one can expect. I.e. Airport and other symbols don’t show on maps after about 10Km.

jsgblom

I mean to get rid of the scale when values are shown. When moving the values are of interest, when searching for a place the scale is wanted (and then you are usually not moving)

jsgblom

Nice job on the last update where it is possible to show the values also when not tracking!

Readability is a little better, but still too small when cycling in bright sunlight. I hope you intend to make them bigger in another update?

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

This was the best we could do for this quick update, but we do plan to improve this further in one of the next updates.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.