POCKETEARTH

Store and Export Notes / Extended Text on Pins

Home All Topics Feature Requests Store and Export Notes / Extended Text on Pins

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    MarcosAmbotah
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1

I wished there was a way to store extended text on pins. 

For example, I plotted a pin on a tourist spot in a city. When I’m there, I could make a lengthy travel journal of my experiences.
    I would also like the option of easily exporting these notes/journals complete with date/time and geolocation.
    GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

Taking notes while traveling and visiting new places does seem very useful! Our next version of PocketEarth, v1.3, will include a new look and feel for managing your pins. You will be able to add descriptions/notes to your pins as well as customize them with different icons and color options.

You will be able to export the notes via our existing GPX export feature.  More convenient export options such as CSV format and web based upload will be added in a later version.

Thanks for the feedback!
    GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

PocketEarth v1.4 Update is now available for download from the App Store. It has added CSV based export/import for My Pins data including the Notes field.

MarcosAmbotah
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1

Thanks for the update!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.