POCKETEARTH

The option to one-touch saving of all info from an imported Archive file

Home All Topics Feature Requests The option to one-touch saving of all info from an imported Archive file

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Trip
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 2

I usually group all routes for each day into My Group. I then export the Archive file to be used in other devices. When I open the file, all info are Red star. I have to open each route and destination and pins to Green star them, very time consuming. The most time consuming part is all the routes in My groups will be removed once I have open each one to Green star it. I have to manually put the routes back into each Group. It is not convenient and impossible to use when the recipient of the Archive file does not know the routes or grouping of the routes.

Also, in the My group tab, if I accidentally remove the Green star and press the Green star back immediately, the info is still removed from that Group. I have to mannally move it back into the Group. This can take a long time from searching the long listing in the destination or My routes tab.

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

Good suggestion!  We will try to include a method for more quickly choosing areas which should have their maps downloaded after import! We’ll also consider your point about items loosing their group association when re-starring them.

For the time being, you can at least avoid having routes/tracks/dests loose their group association:  Instead of un-starring & re-starring them in order to download the maps, just go into the detail screen (blue arrow to right of the item in the Favorites or Groups list), and then click the blue download button next to the item that says Maps.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.