POCKETEARTH

Topographical maps missing contour information in some areas

Home All Topics Bugs Topographical maps missing contour information in some areas

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    John Van Gemert
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 3

Hello, Contour information has gone missing in large areas and it appears to be increasing. Refer to the attached image. I am also unable to delete to existing topographical for this area to reinstall it in an attempt to fix the error. Thanks John

NSquirrel
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 53

Not sure what to suggest, but do you have an example location users could look at? Does it change at different zoom levels?

John Van Gemert
    Participant

Thank you.
    Yes it does change at different zoom levels.
    On the zoomed out image it shows the contour information missing across the bottom (ocean side).
    On the zoomed out image the area of missing contour information is much broader.

Would reinstalling help?
    However I cannot find the means to uninstall the existing topographical information. It says “tap to delete” but that doesn’t work.
    Regards
    John

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    John Van Gemert
    Participant
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    NSquirrel

Thanks for examples. I will see if I can reproduce the problem on my iPhone and iPad. That at least may help decide whether it is a common problem.

(BTW I am only a user and nothing to do with the product itself. The moderators are/were generally those who beta tested pre-releases, of which there has not been a beta for a while. I am trying to think of a way to contact other moderators as we have no inter private message link…. )

NSquirrel

Back again. I can zoom in with no problems on my iPhone 8 (iOS 16.2) but I get the same problem you are experiencing on my old iPad Air 2 (iPadOS 15.7.2).

At a guess, I thought that to delete the topographical information, you may need to delete the Tasmania maps, but on trying that, and reinstalling Tasmania, brought up the topographical information automatically. Even an iPhone soft reset did not help.

I have tried my idea of contacting the other moderators, so hopefully someone will provide you with a solution.

Enjoy Tasmania, to which I have not visited so far, although I have been to other areas of Aus.

jsgblom
    • Topics: 88
    • Replies: 250

Hi John,

I had no issues with the contour lines for Tasmania.

First try the following:

• Delete the whole map of Tasmania by going to the Menu » Managa Maps » Offline Maps, swipe Tasmania to the left and tap Delete.
    •  Re-download Tasmania.

If that doesn’t work, try the following as a backup plan (while on WiFi):

• Switch on the Menu » Settings » Download Add-on Content
    • Switch on the Menu » Settings » Increased Base Map Cache
    • Zoom in on Tasmania until you see the contour lines appear. Skim through the area you are interested in while still on WiFi. This wil stay in the cache memory until it is replaced by other data, so I don’t know how useful this will be for you but it might do the trick.

Regards, Johan

John Van Gemert
    Participant

Thanks Johan and NS,
    I am running iPhone 11 with IOS 16.2.
    I deleted Tasmania and added the “Download Add-on Content” plus “Increased Base Map Cache”.
    Reinstalled Tasmania and everything is working as it should.
    If you like like remote wilderness areas, then the South West Tasmania National Park is a great place to visit.
    Kind regards
    John

jsgblom
    • Topics: 88
    • Replies: 250

Good to hear its working.

I think the deleting and re-downloading the maps did the trick.

The setting Download Add-on Content will display contour lines and wikipedia info when online viewing the area’s of which you don’t have the offline maps. (I think) the Increased Base Map Cache will hold more of the online temporary map-downloads in memory. So I suggested these two settings merely as a backup fix in case the offline maps were not working properly.

Happy travels!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.