POCKETEARTH

Track not recording

Home All Topics General Track not recording

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    robS
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 0

I’m using PE v. 2.6.1 on an iPan Mini w/iOS 8, AND v2.4 on an iPod Touch w/iOS 6.1.6. The former (on the iPad) works perfectly; the latter (on the Touch) used to work perfectly but will now no longer record a new track. The “you are here” indicator accurately follows my wanderings but nothing is recorded. I use a Dual XGPS150A for GPS data and this is what I have always used; it continues to function perfectly to record tracks using PE on the iPad, as well as using other map progs (EG, Galileo) on the Touch. I have considered deleting and re-downloading PE to the Touch but am uncertain whether or not this will result in loss of my historic data (recorded tracks).

Suggestions?

Rob

jsgblom
    • Topics: 88
    • Replies: 250

I have no suggestions on why recording a track on you iPod does not work anymore. But you can export all your favorites – including tracks – via the Settings Menu » Export » (Pocket Earth Archive!) Export all data…

You create a back up this way and by importing this file on the iPad you’ll have all your favorites there too.

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

@robS:

Sorry this is an issue in the current version! We are waiting for approval from Apple for the next update 2.6.2 which should solve this issue.

Deleting the app will loose all favorites data, but as @jsgblom says you can export a backup of all data for later import. But in this case it won’t solve the issue. Hopefully Apple approves our hot-fix update soon!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.