POCKETEARTH

Track of Camino De Santiago Via Da La Plata

Home All Topics Feature Requests Track of Camino De Santiago Via Da La Plata

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    vince662
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 2

Hi There I have your pocket earth Pro loaded on my devices and wondered if you have the Camino De Santiago trails in Spain loaded on your program or some way we can link in with your programme. It would be so so helpful navigating our journey and these days the Camino trails are very popular. The trail I am looking for is called the Via De La Plata, essentially from Seville to Santiago. Can you please let me know if you can help as you have the most awesome, detailed maps and we do not have to carry a big guide book and can use your maps off line which is so so great. I hope you can help and I look forward to hearing from you really soon. We are heading off in about 6 weeks. Many thanks Vince Australia.

jsgblom
    • Topics: 88
    • Replies: 250

The Via de la Plata is not integrated in Pocket Earth. But I found a GPX file on a dutch website which I attached to this post. By mailing the GPX file to yourself you can tap the gpx file in the mail app on your iPhone. You can then use the Open with… functionality to open the gpx file with Pocket Earth. I did not check the track in any way, so please make sure I sent you the correct one.

By googling “Via de la Plata cycling gpx” you will find many other websites with GPX files. Happy cycling!

jsgblom

I had to use the zip format to be able to attach the file to this post. So here it is.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    vince662
    Participant

Hi There jsgblom.
    Thank you very much for help.
    I have downloaded the file which you kindly attached and have loaded it onto my Spain maps and it works perfectly.
    As I will be walking and not cycling (sorry I did not make that clear) it may be a little different but I would think that it will be very close. Not sure if you know of any walking routes but If not this is excellent. Thank you once again.
    Vince662.

jsgblom

I don’t know any walking routes but I strongly recommend to search for one! I reckon there will be a lot of (small) differences between the cycling and a hiking track.

Search for something like: “hiking Camino De Santiago Via Da La Plata gpx” and you will find plenty of websites.

Good luck!

• Johan

vince662
    Participant

Thanks Johan.
    Good advice. I will give it a try.
    Many Thanks
    Vince

BuckyE
    • Topics: 63
    • Replies: 298

I’m very sorry to come so late to the conversation, but just in case someone else happens to read this…

As usual, jsgblom has come to the rescue! But here’s another small tip. Add “kml kmz” to your search term. In addition to “gpx.”

Pocket Earth cannot import kmz or kml files, they are a proprietary format that requires an expensive license to use. BUT…if you find a file in one of those formats, you can go to http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/convert_input and have it convert the kml/kmz file to a gpx! Neato!

And, pay attention to the foot ways/cycle paths that may be included in the PE maps. The Open Street Map data used in PE often has a myriad of “paths” indicated by brown dashed lines. The amount of such paths varies by location (France maps are excellent) but if there are such included, they might or might not be more accurate than a user-created track.

Loie and I have been lead astray once or twice by downloaded tracks, so also pay attention to the Map! ;^)

Yours,
    Bucky Edgett

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.