POCKETEARTH

Unable to calculate route error

Home All Topics General Unable to calculate route error

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Albert Youngwerth
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 0

Bought this app for a trip to Costa Rica and I can’t get it to calculate any routes. I add some points to my favorites by pressing and holding the screen for a second (because using search feature, I can’t even find the main airport in San Jose!). I then go into add a route, add my start point and destination from my favorites and I get this error everytime. Anybody know a work around?

NSquirrel
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 53

I put in the start and ends points and it then generates a route… For the routes I want, I have then had to go along and put in markers (sort of waypoints, but not actually waypoints) along the way I actually want to go. (I particularly want to follow a certain route from France to Austria, with stops at various pre-determined service stations, so that we can change drivers, etc.)

BTW, if you ‘really’ want to print out the directions of your route, then I worked out that if you export your routes, e.g. via email to an external computer, as gpx format (and possibly others) you can then edit the gpx file to give just the turns etc. Printing this way does not include the names I made for the stops.

(Pity Tomtom seem to have done away with itn files…)

nounours
    • Topics: 66
    • Replies: 260

Hi Albert!

I tried to calculate some routes in Costa Rica, and everything went fine! (using custom markers as you did).

I also use address search to look for the “Airport, Costarica”, and it find’s it without problems.

Maybe you did this when you were not online??? Please note: PE is completely offline EXCEPT route calculation (since this is done on the MapQuest Open server). (there where a lot of requests to do this off-line, but it seems to be a big developpement effort that Geomagik could not invest up to now).

=> So, if my assumption is right: go to the next WLAN, calculate all possible routes, save them, and happy travel for the next days!!!

Cheers, nounours.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.