POCKETEARTH

Unable to get routes – just in Switzerland (?)!

Home All Topics Bugs Unable to get routes – just in Switzerland (?)!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sar6e
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 2

Hi There!

I purchased PE for a cycling trip in France later this year. By and large it has been an excellent tool to plan routes – once I twigged to the avoid uphill option for cycling routes. 😉 I expect it will also be the perfect tool to keep us on track as we ride without needing to burn roaming data.

All the routes I have defined in France work very nicely.

We will arrive in Geneva as the closest airport to the French Alps. None of the routes I define in Geneva / Switzerland are able to be generated. I have a simple route starting at the Geneva Airport (select POI from the map) to our hotel (saved as a favourite). It returns the error “Unable to get route!”.

For the following day I have a route defined as starting at the hotel in Geneva and then on to Pont de La Caille (Favourite), Annecy (Favourite) and on to the hotel in Aix-les-Bains (Also a Favourite). This route also returns the unable to get route error but interestingly, the route from Pont de La Caille (in France) through to Aix-les-Bains is showing up fine.

So it seems like I have a problem with anything in Switzerland!

I have tried using the same routes directly on the Map Quest website directly and they generate fine. So it doesn’t seem to be a problem with a disconnect or break in the OSM data.

I am working in online mode at the moment during this planning phase. I have downloaded the Geneva and the whole of France for offline use to the device directly.

I am working on the most recent iPad with the latest version of iOS.

I am at a bit of a loss with this. The only other thread with unable to get route errors didn’t help me.

Given everything in France (18 routes by car and bike) is generating very nicely, I feel like there is nothing too wrong with the setup or what I’m doing. Any ideas anyone has would be welcomed.

Thanks
    David

Kritou
    • Topics: 27
    • Replies: 96

Could you provide details of the hotel? – I have the same iPad/iOS setup

Sar6e
    Participant

The route I’m having problems with is from the Intnerational Airport to the Starling Residence Hotel. I’m just using the street address of Route des Acacias 4 , Geneva.

Thanks

Kritou
    • Topics: 27
    • Replies: 96

Inputting that address shows the destination set back from Route des Acacias. I suspect that the routing engine is not seeing the access from Rue Caroline as a public way. It is however happy to dump you outside on the main drag if you use the “map centre” facility to designate the destination. Using this method you can in fact nip round the back and “Bob’s your uncle”!

I’m having a similar issue with using the internal roads in the port area in Santander. If one day we get our own “onboard” routing engine perhaps such problems will disappear

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    jsgblom
    • Topics: 88
    • Replies: 250

This happens to me sometimes when I select a train station for instance (when positioned on a track/platform). By dragging the destination (start, end, control) pin a little to a road close by solves it.

Sar6e
    Participant

Hi Guys

Thanks for your prompt responses. Repositioning my pin for the hotel has solved both problems.

I didn’t think about the pin location being the problem as it cam back as a result of a street address search. Makes sense though.

Appreciate your help!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.