POCKETEARTH

Upside down screen rotation

Home All Topics Feature Requests Upside down screen rotation

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    scottharvey
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1

In previous versions of Pocket Earth I was able to rotate my phone upside down and the screen would rotate so the application would work as normal.

At some point this stopped working, not sure if this was due to an IOS release or a change in Pocket Earth. I can rotate the screen 90 degrees but not the full 180 degrees.
    I know it’s probably an unusual thing to do but in order to charge my phone and use pocket earth while I’m riding my bike I have to put it in my iphone holder upside down.
    If it’s an easy feature to bring back into Pocket Earth it would be much appreciated.
    Scott
    GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

Hi Scott,

You are right, PocketEarth did loose support for upside-down orientation recently due to Apple changing the way this works with iOS 6. Currently we still support iOS 4.3, and fixing it is a bit of work. Our next release, PocketEarth v1.5, will be our last update that supports iOS 4.3. After this, we will support only iOS 5.0 and later, and will be able to fix this issue with upside-down orientation more easily. So in short, yes we plan to re-add support for this, but it is two updates away, which means its likely a few months out. Sorry for the inconvenience, I will discuss it further with my team and see if there is anything we can do sooner!

Best Regards
    GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

Just want to mention that upside down screen orientation has been corrected. 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.