POCKETEARTH

Visualize the extend of cities, regions and countries

Home All Topics Feature Requests Visualize the extend of cities, regions and countries

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Reyerr
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 0

I’d like to see on the map which parts are loaded for offline use (maybe as colored areas), which parts overlap (city and region loaded) and the extend of downloadable regions (what belongs to a city, where are the “regions”).

In foreign countries I don’t know the names of regions and their extend.
    If that information was simply highlighted (tap on an region with the info panel open) it would tell me which regions I need to load to cover my journey.

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

Sounds like a good idea, we will work on adding this!  For now, I can tell you that we try to download more data than less data, to be sure you have everything you need for a place. We are able to do this because our data is already less than half the size of most other offline map apps.  Cities usually include extra area around the city to cover suburbs, etc. Region and country downloads are more straight forward because you can see the region and country border lines on the map and know that everything within those borders will be downloaded.  Also if you download a place, for example the USA, it will include discontinuous regions such as Alaska and Hawaii, usually even minor outlying islands.

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

PocketEarth v1.3 Update is now available for download and includes almost 70 improvements.  We have included an Advanced setting that you can enable to show you the map area which will be downloaded for any city, region, or country. When this setting is enabled and a place is selected in the Info Panel, the corresponding download area will be highlighted on the map in yellow.  To turn it on, go to ‘Settings > Advanced > Show Place Download Area’.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.