POCKETEARTH

Wikivoyage detail

Home All Topics Bugs Wikivoyage detail

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1

Hi
    Love the app, and am using it when travelling now. I’m having a problem with the Wikivoyage articles, which don’t download completely and miss much of the important detail. For instance, if I download the Las Vegas Wikivoyage it contains all the top level paragraphs but none of the detail. So if you go to the ‘Sleep’ section of the Las Vegas Wikovoyage, it gives the the intro paragraphs but not one of the actual hotel entries is downloaded. Similarly with restaurants, the intro paragraphs are shown, but not the actual restaurants.
    Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?
    Chris

Kritou
    • Topics: 27
    • Replies: 96

I’m not familiar with the Wikivoyage feature but what happens if you tap the top level result a second time?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1

No, doesn’t do anything. If you look at Sleep for Las Vegas in the Guide as shown in Pocket Earth, you see no hotel names, and double clicking does nothing. But in Wikivoyage itself you see the details. See the attached picture from Wikivoyage itself – you can see the hotels Bally’s, Circus Circus and Excalibur, for example. But all Pocket Earth Guide shows are the heading and sub-heading ‘On the Strip’ and ‘Mid-range’ with no hotels. Sadly, double clicking on those headings in Pocket Earth does not produce the detailed date
    This is not just the case with Las Vegas – every Wikivoyage guide is missing the detailed data when it’s downloaded into Pocket Earth.
    Chris

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we will investigate it!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.