POCKETEARTH

WikiVoyage items with accented characters

Home All Topics Bugs WikiVoyage items with accented characters

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    garytravelling
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 0

Great app, but I notice that the WikiVoyage data for some entries does not load; instead an error box is displayed with the message “Unable to locate this article!”.

The common feature of the articles that fail to load is that the article name includes accented characters:

Puerto Iguazú

Iguaçu Falls

Córdoba (city, Argentina)

São Paulo

Other articles in the same region, but which do not include accented characters in their titles, load fine.

nounours
    • Topics: 66
    • Replies: 260

As you can see, wikivoyage is currently still very much experimental. But I heared rumors that it is heavily worked on. Hopefully, the new wikipedia and wikivoyage engine will make it to the next release …. but seeing all the other important projects (Public transport maps, routing, new interface, iOS7, …) I would not bet on it …

nounours
    GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

Thanks for reporting this issue! It will be corrected in the next app update.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.