POCKETEARTH

writing URL in Pin

Home All Topics General writing URL in Pin

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    MikeB
    Participant
    • Topics: 23
    • Replies: 55

Until the new version lets users edit the Pins already shown on the map, I am adding a new pin where I put the extra information. Is there a way to put in the URL for the pin so that it works (you can click on it and go to the site)? I have tried both using html and text and cannot find how to make it work.

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

The current version of PocketEarth does not convert URLs into links. However, our next update (v1.3 to be available in October) will add a description/notes text area on Pins, fav POIs, routes, and tracks. This will allow you to enter more details on things including text URLs which you can click on to go to the site.

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

PocketEarth v1.3 is now available for download from the AppStore, and includes the most recent OSM map data, travel guides, wikipedia articles and an updated Destinations list, as well as almost 70 enhancements to the app including a Pin & Listing Detail View with an unlimited Notes field which will detect and auto-link URLs and phone numbers.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.