POCKETEARTH

Assign offline maps to a group / show area of downloaded maps

Home All Topics Feature Requests Assign offline maps to a group / show area of downloaded maps

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jsgblom
    • Topics: 88
    • Replies: 250
    1. It would be handy if you could assign maps to a group. When I am not travelling I usually have the maps of Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg and all the adjacent regions of France and Germany downloaded on my iPhone/iPad. When I go on a long cycling trip I add countries/regions as needed. To free up memory I sometimes delete some of the ‘home’ maps while travelling. Coming home I want to download the ‘home’ maps again. Being able to assign maps to a group would make this process easier.
      Also you could use it to check the area covered by the downloaded maps by Viewing the group. (A bit like viewing multiple tracks at the same time by assigning them to a group.) For instance when doing a trip from Amsterdam to Rome you could add all the tracks/pins/poi AND MAPS (= NL/BE/some German regions/Switzerland/some Italian regions) to the same group. I know there is the Maps download feature along routes and tracks but I find this is not really useful since the window is to narrow in my opinion (see my other feature request about this)
    2. Another handy feature regarding offline maps could be to show the covered area of the downloaded maps while at a certain zoom level. You could even color code this for outdated maps (e.g.: green for maps that are up to date, blue for older maps). See attached screen shot of OsmAnd for an example.
    jsgblom
    • Topics: 88
    • Replies: 250

the OsmAnd screenshot retry…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Kritou
    • Topics: 27
    • Replies: 96

Agreed – would make the app even more user friendly

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.