POCKETEARTH

Great Circle routes

Home All Topics General Great Circle routes

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kritou
    • Topics: 27
    • Replies: 96

For some time now I have been following on PE the route taken when a passenger on aircraft flights. On an iPad with a BadElf BT GPS/Datalogger this has provided much needed relief from boredom

I would now like to download the data for more detailed (smaller scale) mapping and it seems to me that I have to first define a route. Knowing the approximate path the aircraft will take it would seem that creating a GC route would be the easiest and most appropriate idea

The above mentioned GPS works very well if positioned near a window and I am now looking for a method of attaching it to the plastic inner screen of a typical window – some sort of sucker arrangement would seem to be best

Any thoughts on either or both the above?

BuckyE
    • Topics: 63
    • Replies: 298

Dear Kritou,

I’m not the expert and may be replying with information that is irrelevant to your question, but, http://pocketearth.com/forums/topic/construct-a-rhumb-line-track/ might give you some insights?

Yours,
    Bucky

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.